HMRC forms you can download

 Please note that 'providers' may move their information to a different url (unique resource locator - ie internet address path) and thus the links set up below may sometimes become broken - let us know by email and we will fix it for you.

Forms relating to Tax and NI:

P45 - blank form - this should come from your previous employer and you are unlikely to need to download this form
P46 - for new employee with no P45 - you can either complete this form on-screen and then print it, or print it in blank to be completed by hand later
P38(S) - Student Employees
P85 - Claiming tax back when leaving the U.K.
P50 - Claiming tax back when you have stopped working
CA5403 - Tracing employee’s lost National Insurance number - you can complete this form on-screen and then print it
Forms relating to Statutory Payments:

SC2 - Employee’s Statement of Sickness
SC3 - Ordinary Statutory Paternity Pay
SC7 - Additional Statutory Paternity Pay
Employer’s Guide to Maternity and Paternity Pay and Rights


To register with HMRC as a new employer
Employee to notify HMRC of change of name or home address
To notify HMRC if no monthly/quarterly PAYE payment is due
To find HM Revenue & Customs contact details
To apply for a P11D dispensation to potentially reduce P11D reporting requirements

Other useful links

Business Link
guidance on what an employer has to do when taking on a new employee
redundancy Pay Calculator
holiday Pay Calculator
new worker checks to ensure someone is legally entitled to work in the U.K.